Sunday, October 20, 2013

Nepal!!!

Hello, dear friends and family!

I am so excited to announce that I will be leading a team on a 10-week missions trip to Nepal! I have been on full-time staff here at Youth With a Mission for nearly a year now, and this fall have the honor of being an outreach leader with one of our schools, the Compassion Ablaze Discipleship Training School.

I will be leading a team of 8 students alongside my amazing co-leader, Luke Ballard. Both of us have completed DTS and been called back to YWAM as full-time staff for the next two years (or more!). It's already been an amazing journey, learning how to send for visas, book flights, contact ministries overseas, and receive God's heart for a nation I've never set foot in.

Nepal is home to about 26 million people, who speak 122 different languages! It is a tiny country sandwiched between China and India, and reflects influences from both of these nations as well as embracing its own unique culture. 80% of Nepal is Hindu, and many popular religious soul-searching sites can be found there. It is also over 97% unreached, meaning most of the population has never heard the Gospel or had the privilege of going to church, reading a Bible in their own language, etc. Since a majority of the population also lives in rural villages scattered throughout the Himalayas, it is difficult to spread the good news of God's love.

While our team is there, we will be able to partner with a few different ministries and contacts. The first thing we want to do is pray over every place we go. We believe that prayer shakes the strongholds of the enemy and invites God's presence even into the darkest places of the earth. We're excited to walk around the Hindu temples praying and worshiping the one true God. We will also have the opportunity to work with children, youth, families, and churches. Our ministry will be very relational as well as very practical. We want to live the Gospel, not just preach it! Some things we may get to participate in include: cafe ministry, children's programs, speaking in churches, painting classrooms, praying over people, teaching English and art, helping the sick, and providing clothes/food for the poor.

Another part of our trip that we are all extremely excited for is our trek! We will be embarking on a short trek through the Himalayas to visit the rural villages and share the Gospel. I get chills when I think about the possibility of being the first person to share God's love with some of these people we will meet!

In spite of the high percentage of unreached people in Nepal, this nation is very open to Jesus.
As we have sent other teams over the past couple of years, we have heard testimonies of countless healings, miracles, and many giving their lives to Jesus. Our team anticipates much fruit to come from our trip also, as we continually pray and seek the Lord's heart for Nepal.

I only need $2000 in order to lead this team to Nepal! Would you pray about supporting me? It is an amazing way to partner with what God is doing in Nepal, and it would be an amazing blessing for me! I am praying so hard that I will be able to raise this small amount to go to these beautiful people! Please join me in prayer, for me and my team while we are there, and please consider partnering with me!

If you have more questions, email or call me: dancingheart139@gmail.com or 303-378-5359


Be blessed, Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment